Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Raw Mama

Dr. Ann Wigmore. She is arguably the mother of the raw foods movement. She was one of the first to tell us about the amazing benefits of wheat grass, which basically makes her the "Les Paul" of natural foods in the West. It was her grandmother who first educated her on the powers of whole foods and herbs. Her message is that there are natural remedies for any and all maladies, as she has proven by winning her battle with cancer.

If you haven't heard of her before, here's a little video for a sweet introduction to Dr. Ann Wigmore...




Why raw? (a few thoughts that stand out in my mind)

1. I generally don't turn on a stove or an oven, which makes me feel good because I've been hearing some rumors of a serious energy crisis.

2. The meat industry is a f*ing disgrace to the human race.
(watch Meet Your Meat if you haven't already)

3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth, which happens to be my home! (read this!)

4. People can never believe I'm above the age of 20 :)

5. I don't have to deal with snot, acne, thunder-thighs, asthma, allergies, urinary tract infections, bad breath, body odor, brain fog, depression, etc., which is pretty darn sexy these days.


Don't suffer your life away. You've got a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment