Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shoes: The World's Most Dangerous Invention?

I've spent the last month and a half down in Miami, FL and I'm having an experience like no other. You see the worst of Capitalist and Consumerist America, as well as the greatest beauty this country has to offer.

I underwent a major surgery last July and began my healing in Atlanta, Ga. I thought I was doing well, but my healing seems to have accelerated dramatically since I came to Miami. I knew it had something to do with walking on the sand and swimming in the ocean. In the past, there was always a hunch that my shoes were doing me more harm than good, so it really has been wonderful to have direct contact with the earth as I do when I'm on the beach.

Today I discovered this video from David Wolfe, who is undoubtedly one of the most cutting-edge health gurus in the world. He blames the common shoe for much of our health woes. After spotting the title of this video I immediately said "uh huh... that's what I thought."

Here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment