Thursday, April 2, 2009

the Bayfront Park Farmer's Market

A gorgeous, delicious, and pleasant way to support local business! Today was a beautiful day in Miami and I finally got to get over to the farmer's market at Bayfront Park. There's beautiful produce, exotic fruits and live music!

gorgeous produce



I had a delicious raw, vegan lunch from a young woman who seemed to single-handedly run the only raw food booth at the market. She served curry salad with cashews and a meaty walnut pate. She also had some other interesting dishes like ripe plantain salad with cilantro and avocado salad, both jazzed up with dulse flakes.

I got the sampler so that I could try a little of everything. Yum!
my raw, vegan lunch
I almost ate the whole thing before I could take a picture of it!


Damon had cerviche from one of the stands. I don't eat fish, but he said it was very fresh and tasty.

This market is every Thursday from 11 to 3. Click the picture to find out more info...

Bayfront Park Farmer's Market


We picked up a few fruits from the market, including a mamey and an egg fruit. The egg fruit was new to both of us. It reminds me of bright yellow pound cake. The pit is similar to that of a durian. Damon doesn't like durian all that much, but he liked this fruit.

Here's what they look like...
canistel

No comments:

Post a Comment